You open a drive, trying to access files and folders saved here, only to find some of them (even all of them) is gone; what a terrible moment! Are those items lost from your computer/removable disk? We don’t think so. On the contrary, we think they’re just hidden and can’t be view right now. But there are still ways to find hidden files in different types of storage devices.
Today, we’re going to share three commonly used ways with you to show hidden files on the computer.
3 Ways to Find Hidden Files from Computer
After trying, I find the following three methods can help me and other people recover hidden files easily.
How to Retrieve Hidden Files by Software
1. Get and run MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition V7.5. And then choose “Damaged Partition Recovery” from the main window.
2. Please select the volume which includes the hidden files from the partition list shown in the following interface. And after that, you should click on the “Full Scan” button at the bottom part to search for needed files and folders.
The scan will last for a period, which depends on a lot of factors like drive capacity and size of saving files.
3. At the end of the full scan, the hidden files will be found and displayed in the following interface. Now, you ought to check the ones you need and press the “Save” button, located in the lower right corner, to set a safe storage place for them.
If it’s difficult to find the needed files among so many scan results, you can turn to “Find” and “Filter” tool to discover files more accurately.
How to Show Hidden Files in USB through Folder Options
1. Connect the USB device with hidden files to your computer and open Windows Explorer to locate the USB device.
2. Click on the USB device to open it. Then, find “Tools” in the menu bar. (If you can’t see menu bar, please click on “Organize”, navigate to “Layout” and check “Menu bar” to make it appear).
3. Click on “Tools” menu and choose “Folder options” from the submenu.
4. Shift to “View” tab and check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”. Then, click on the “OK” button to apply changes.
After that, you’ll see all hidden files in your USB device.
How to Show Hidden Files Using CMD
1. Click on “Start” button and type “cmd” into the search box.
2. Press “Enter” or click on the “cmd.exe” from the search result.
3. Type the letter of the drive (such as “g:”) in which the hidden files are stored and then press “Enter“.
4. Type the command “attrib–s –h *.* /s /d” or “attrib *.* -h –s/s/d” and then press “Enter“.
When you find the command prompt returns back to the drive you have selected, you can confirm that the operations are completed. Now, please go to certain drive to check your hidden files.
By using the above three methods, I find the hidden files from my computer successfully. So I recommend them to you, hope they can be helpful in your case.
I believe you won’t ask questions like how to view hidden files or find hidden files after reading this page. If you’re interested in knowing more about how to recover files hidden by a virus, please take a look at this page.